Best Vegetarian Pot Stickers
1 red onion, sliced
1 tablespoon minced ginger
1 cup sliced shiitake mushroom
1 cup white cabbage, shredded
1 cup carrot, shredded
1 cup chopped garlic sprouts or chives
1 teaspoon white pepper
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 package wonton skins, also called gyoza
1. In a wok or large saute pan, add a little oil and saute onions and ginger.
2. Add the mushrooms and stir.
3. Add the cabbage, carrots and chives.
5. When mixture is soft, place in colander to drain.
6. Add the sesame oil and cilantro when mixture is cooled.
7. Check for seasoning.
8. Using the gyoza skins, make half moon dumplings keeping the bottom flat.
9. In a hot non-stick pan, coat with oil and place dumplings.
10. When bottom gets brown, add 1/4 cup of water and immediately cover.
11. This will steam the dumplings.
12. Carefully watch the dumplings and completely evaporate the water so that the bottom gets crispy again and sticks to the pot.
13. Serve hot with soy sauce and vinegar for dipping.